Our office maintains and updates websites for offices and departments, but also provides training and assistance for faculty and staff to make changes to their sites wherever possible. Users are able to make most updates, and work in tandem with the communications office to create the best possible site.
WordPress is the official Content Management System (CMS) of the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences. Because WordPress with KSAS runs on a managed, shared environment with themes and plugins pre-installed, you don’t have to purchase any software or hosting.
- User friendly editor: edit content without having to learn HTML
- Drag-and-drop navigation: add, remove, or rearrange items to manage your site’s navigation
- News and Calendar: manage your news and events from within WordPress
- Media Manager: upload photos, graphics, PDF files, etc. (with some rules) to your site from within WordPress
Users and Editing
All websites should have at least one in-house person to edit and update the site. This person will receive training from the Krieger web communications team, and help with updates and changing. Users should be:
- Dedicated graduate students who will be working with the department or lab for more than a year.
Undergraduate students cannot be editors of a website. If you would like to add a user to your site, please use the service request form.
If you’ve never used a Krieger website before, please submit a web request. Once you have access, you can log in from a computer on campus, or log in while connected to the VPN from elsewhere.
Access your site by adding /wp-admin to the URL of the site you need to access. This will work for any Krieger site (or any WordPress site you have access to). To log into the Sociology site, the link is https://soc.jhu.edu/wp-admin or krieger.jhu.edu/sociology/wp-admin.