The Institute holds research seminars during the academic year. These are chaired by Prof. Galambos, Prof. Hanke, or Prof. Burgin. Formal research papers are presented by Fellows and invited outside scholars. Those papers are available on request (contact Prof. Louis Galambos). These seminars afford scholars an opportunity for their work to be critically reviewed prior to publication.
Many years ago, Prof. Hanke developed an internship program for undergraduates at Johns Hopkins University. This program is now administered by the Institute on a year-round basis. It consists of a research course with an internship component. The internship component is given in conjunction with private businesses and financial institutions, governmental entities, and economic research institutes.
IAEGHSBE is linked to Bocconi University in Milan, Italy. The primary activity of the IAEGHSBE-Bocconi program is to hold a high-level research conference every two years and publish the results in a Cambridge University Press series edited by Prof. Galambos and Prof. Franco Amatori of Bocconi University. The most recent book in the IAEGHSBE-Bocconi research conference series is The Global Chemical Industry in the Age of the Petrochemical Revolution (2007). Currently, the manuscript for The Third Industrial Revolution in Global Business is at the press.
IAEGHSBE has recently established similar links with other institutions:
- Bocconi University in Milan, Italy
- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Center for Financial Stability in New York City, New York
- Free University of Tbilisi in Tbilisi, Georgia
- International Atlantic Economic Society in Atlanta, Georgia
- International Monetary Institute at Renmin University in Beijing, China
- Institute of Economics and Politics at University of National and World Economy in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Institute of International Monetary Research in Buckingham, United Kingdom
- Istanbul Kültür University in Istanbul, Turkey
- Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum in London, United Kingdom
- The Stern Stewart Institute in Munich, Germany
- Universidad del Azuay in Cuenca, Ecuador
- Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas in Lima, Peru
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito in Quito, Ecuador
- Universitas Pelita Harapan School of Business in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Varna Free University “Chernorizets Hrabar” in Varna, Bulgaria
- European Center for Austrian Economics Foundation in Vaduz, Liechtenstein
- D.A. Tsenov Academy of Economics in Svishtov, Bulgaria