See these talks by Tom:
Towards the Development of Scale-Dependent, Non-Local, Turbulent Closures in Rotating Stratified Flows
Institute for Data Intensive Engineering and Science and Mathematical Institute for Data Science Symposium, Johns Hopkins University, October 2020.
- Towards Community Computational Oceanography
Institute for Data Intensive Engineering and Science Symposium, Johns Hopkins University, October 2019.
- Introduction to the Fiftieth Anniversary of Earth & Planetary Sciences at Johns Hopkins University.
- A fast algorithm for neutrally-buoyant Lagrangian particles in numerical ocean modeling
Institute for Data Intensive Engineering and Science Symposium, Johns Hopkins University, October 2016.
- Thermobaricity in the transition zones between alpha and beta oceans
ASOF Workshop, Lerici, Italy, March 2016.
- Diagnosing sea-surface temperature dynamics from stochastically-forced fluctuations
Institute for Pure & Applied Mathematics workshop on “Turbulent Transport and Mixing”, UCLA, October 2014.
- Analogies of Ocean/Atmosphere Rotating Fluid Dynamics with Gyroscopes-Teaching Opportunities
American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting, February 2014.
- Introduction to dynamics and tracer dispersion in geophysical fluids
Transit-time distributions: A tool to diagnose rates and pathways of tracer transport in advective/diffusive flow
Institute for Mathematics and its Applications Workshop on “Transport and Mixing in Complex and Turbulent Flows”, University of Minnesota, April 2010.