- To explore and develop the use of rotating tank experiments and gyroscopes in teaching of oceanic and atmospheric science.
- To author textbook(s) on dynamical oceanography. See Ocean Circulation in Three Dimensions.
- To visit schools and talk about oceans, atmospheres, climate, and high-latitude exploration.
See our article on gyroscopes in the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society. Check out the cool movies! And see this talk.
Schools (and grades) I’ve visited:
- Dulaney Day School (kindergarten),
- Stoneleigh Elementary School (3rd grade),
- Milbrook Elementary School (3rd, 4th, and 5th grades),
- Hampton Elementary School (3rd grade).
- Rodgers Forge Elementary School (5th grade),
- Summit Park Elementary School (5th grade),
- Calcot Infants School (UK; years 1 and 3),
- Johns Hopkins Quarknet program (high-school science teachers),
- Webelos cub scouts,
- Scouts BSA.
Contact me if you want to arrange a visit.