The Instrument Development Group specializes in the development of instrumentation for astronomy research. We have significant experience developing cameras and spectrographs for ultraviolet, visible, and Infrared observations. See the links below for a sampling of programs the IDG has played a key role in.
- Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS) Spectrographs
- GMT Wide-Field Optical Spectrograph (GMACS)
- The Apache Point Observatory Galactic Evolution Experiment (APOGEE)
- FourStar Wide Field Infrared Camera
- WIYN High Resolution Infrared Camera (WHIRC)
- Robert Stobie Spectrograph (RSS) Near Infrared Dewar
- Subaru Prime Focus Spectrograph (PFS)