Program in Molecular Biophysics (PMB)
PMB is a Johns Hopkins interdivisional graduate program. PMB faculty and the student researchers in their labs apply a wide range of approaches in their search for fundamental principles underlying the many reactions and interactions in biological systems. PMB is committed to bringing hands-on research opportunities to Baltimore City high school students through paid summer internships. This basic biomedical research experience is augmented with a weekly course in basic laboratory skills.
Johns Hopkins Underrepresented in Medical Professions (JUMP)
JUMP’s mission is to promote the success of Hopkins students from underrepresented populations pursuing careers in medicine and other health care professions. JUMP achieves its mission through providing opportunities, academic support, mentoring, community building, and leadership skill development. JUMP is a partnership with the Johns Hopkins Office of Pre-Professional Programs and Advising, Office of Multicultural Affairs, and Office for Student Diversity.
BRBT gratefully acknowledges financial support for our summer interns from the following offices and institutions:
- Emily Lin, DMD, Canton Dental Associates.
- Erwin and Stephanie Greenberg Foundation for Baltimore
- Irene Ferguson, EdD, Director, Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Roy Ziegelstein, MD, Dean for Education, JHU School of Medicine
- L. Mario Amzel, PhD, Professor and Chair, Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry, JHU School of Medicine
- Dunbar Hopkins Health Partnership funded by the Provost’s Office, Johns Hopkins Health System, and Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Bertrand Garcia-Moreno, PhD, Professor and Chair, Department of Biophysics, JHU School of Arts and Sciences