Since 2007, RIC has sponsored a campus-wide speaker series organized around thematically-driven interdisciplinary initiatives. These international, interdisciplinary, and inter-divisional events provide an ideal forum for bringing together scholars and students from a wide range of disciplines and institutional sites from around the world, as well as various disciplines at Johns Hopkins.
In keeping with its multidimensional commitment to tackling scholarly problems, the RIC speaker series includes a number of special engagements.
- Spring 2021 – Freedom Education
- Fall 2020 – Freedom Education
- Spring 2020 – Retrenchment
- Fall 2019 – Retrenchment
- Spring 2019 – Surveillance
- Fall 2018 – Surveillance
- Spring 2018 – Marginality
- Fall 2017 – Marginality
- Spring 2017 – Borders, Boundaries, and Belonging
- Fall 2016 – Borders, Boundaries, and Belonging
- Fall 2015 – Race, Time, and Punishment