Interested in working in the Johnston lab as an undergrad?

Thanks for your interest in the Johnston lab!

The Johnston lab is a great place for scientific training as an undergraduate. Students in my lab start with a guided project in their first year or two and then “graduate” to an independent project for the final year or two. Students are well-trained as scientists and have been authors on publications. Further, they have had great success, attaining prestigious fellowships and going to top-level grad schools and med schools. To achieve this high level of training, undergraduates must commit a substantial amount of time to their craft with about 10-15 hours per week during the school year and full time during intercession and summers. Moreover, successful students commit to several years of training in the lab, ideally through graduation.

I receive emails from numerous students interested in my lab and it is extremely competitive. If you are genuinely interested, please send me your CV and at least 2 rec letters (they don’t have to be research related) and we can set up a time to chat. Also, please follow up to make sure that I’ve received the letters.