News Posts & Faculty Books
Add a Faculty Book
- Save the photo of the book cover from the Amazon image or wherever you can find it. Make sure it’s web-optimized (a small file).
- From your dashboard, click News, then click Add News.
- Add the title of the book.
- Add the description from Amazon or the publisher’s website.
- Edit the post publication date from “publish immediately” to be the date the book was published. (So the book is displayed chronologically on the Faculty Books page.)
- Under Categories, check Faculty Books.
- Check the department.
- Under Faculty Books Details, add the publisher, year of publication, and Amazon link, making sure to delete the http:// from the link. Then select the faculty member from the drop-down (must already have a profile created in the People section) and choose the role (author, editor, etc.).
- Under Featured Image, click Set Featured Image, and upload the book cover.
- Click the Publish button.
- Finally, make sure the faculty member’s profile has the box at the bottom of the editor screen checked to display books. If not, check the box and then click Update.