Supply Chain Shared Service Center
The mission of the Supply Chain Shared Service Center is to support the educational, research, and patient care missions of the Johns Hopkins Institutions by providing effective and efficient supply chain management services in a customer focused manner.
Overview of Purchasing at JHU
For information about the University’s purchasing processes, refer to Overview of Purchasing at JHU, on the Supply Chain Services website.
Most purchases of goods and services for Johns Hopkins must be made using the electronic shopping cart feature of SAP. For guidance on all aspects of Shopping Cart, consult the PDF Document: SAP Upgrade Job Aids. Each topic listed on this webpage is linked to a separate job aid. If you are new to Shopping Cart, start with the “General Information” section to learn about shopping cart workflow, the correct browser settings, first-time login procedures, and other crucial beginning information.
The Johns Hopkins University Procurement Card Program is one of the University’s two recommended methods for making small dollar purchases of urgently needed supplies and services. The Procurement Card Program is designed to provide authorized faculty and staff with a cost-effective and convenient method of procuring and paying for small dollar purchases of regularly consumed supplies and services. The University Procurement Card is a MasterCard obtained from JPMorgan Chase and should be accepted by any authorized supplier that accepts MasterCard cards.
For information on the Procurement Card Policy Guide and Procurement Card Approver Online Training, consult the “Procurement Card and GCMS Training” section of the PDF Document: SAP Upgrade Job Aids.
A comprehensive guide to training for Shopping Cart, Purchase Orders, and the Procurement Card Program can be found at Supply Chain Training and Support. Make sure to check the PDF Document: Program Sequence link. On this chart, the fifth column shows you the courses that must be taken to learn about Purchasing, Shopping Cart, and Procurement Card. Each course listing is linked to the training session in myLearning@johnshopkins.
- Procurement Card Forms (secure signon)
- Procurement Card Program (on Supply Chain Shared Services)
- PDF Document: Tax Exempt Certificate (Maryland)
- PDF Document: Vendor Add/Change Form
- PDF Document: W9 Request for Taxpayer ID
- PDF Document: Financial Administrative Training
- Hopkins Select eMarketplace
- JHU Purchasing Policies & Procedures
- JP Morgan Chase Paymentnet
- Knowledge Network (secure signon)
- Overview of Purchasing at JHU
- PDF Document: Paymentnet Cardholder/Approver Guide
- PCard Statement and Closing Calendar
- Procurement Card Program
- PDF Document: SAP Upgrade Job Aids
- Staff Contacts
- Supply Chain Shared Service Center
- Supply Chain Training and Support
Procurement Card Administrator
JPMorgan Chase Cardholder Support